Speaker Bio & Abstract
BiographyIn my career I worked for:
● Denso Thermal Systems, where I acquired the basics of the maintenance engineering of industrial plants.
● Trenitalia, where I was in charge of maintenance for the most important railways fleets.
● Bureau Veritas, where I had an experience as General Manager.
● Atac, where I was in charge as Chief Operating Officer of O.G.R. and then as Technical Director.
So far, I have matured great experiences:
● 8 years in the infrastructures asset management
● 7 years in medium and long-distance trains fleets management
● 5 years in the production of automobile components AbstractCondition monitoring is the collection of several data from either rolling stock or railway infrastructure and can give valuable information for optimised management and maintenance of assets at any railway and urban transport system. The usage of condition data can significantly reduce the number of failures, missed or unnecessary maintenance activities by knowing current asset condition and their evolution. Today, thanks to new developments in detection technology, it is possible to collect data about assets not only their conditions. The synergies within a Diagnostic Survey computed by train and airplane can provide to the final end-user a unique repository of services (asset survey, data processing, inventory set up) specifically conceived for a comprehensive asset inventory of every item within the right-of-way, a complete virtual environment that can be remotely explored for different purposes.
A railway line survey is obtained combining two inspection methods and remote sensing techniques: aerial LIDAR and mobile terrestrial inspection using measuring trains and hi-rail track recording vehicles. Aerial LIDAR uses accurate lasers coupled to high-speed scanners collecting dense elevation data across landscapes and easily mapping every railway asset (track, level crossing, turnouts, signals, platforms, buildings). The speech will describe new practices, past experience and ongoing industry exploration where extraction of information from data is the main concern.