Interactive Workshop on Autonomous Vehicles By invitation only
- Akshay Bandiwdekar, Product Manager, Swift Navigation, USA
- Sundara Ramalingam Nagalingam, Head - Deep Learning Practice, NVIDIA, India
- Alessandro Annoni, Head of Digital Earth and Reference Data Unit, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Peter Hedlund, CEO/ Managing Director, Ordnance Survey International, United Kingdom
- Bengt Kjellson, Director General, National Land Survey, Sweden
- Dan Kruimel, Business Development Manager - SE Asia, AAM, Australia
- Andreas Gerster, Vice President, BIM/CIM and Product Design, FARO, Germany
- John Renard, President – EMEA, Cyient, United Kingdom
- Dr. Kumar Navulur, President, DigitalGlobe Foundation, USA
- Vijay Kumar, Vice President and Head Technology of ESRI India
Autonomous Vehicles Revolutionizing Geospatial Content Business
In collaboration with Geonovum, a workshop on 'Geospatial Infrastructure and Standards for Autonomous Vehicles' was successfully organized at Geospatial World Forum 2016 in the City of Rotterdam, gathering over 20 experts from various autonomous vehicles stakeholders. The workshop mainly explored the relationship between self-driving car and geo-information; and the required (geo) data-infrastructure framework to support the transition.
As a follow-up to this workshop, Geospatial World Forum 2017 shall be hosting a workshop on 'Autonomous Vehicles Revolutionizing Geospatial Content Business', which will dive deeper into the requirement of geospatial data/content infrastructure of the self-driving car and its implication towards geospatial content business.
Compared to 10 years ago, today, the idea of a self-driving car has started to become less and less far-fetched. Major automakers plan to get their autonomous vehicles on the road by 2025 – this is less than 10 years from now. As autonomous vehicles will require ultra-precise and continuously-updated data, is the geospatial industry ready for it?
The workshop shall discuss how this requirement can impact geospatial content business and policy framework associated with producing such data. Other topics of discussion will include the authenticity and reliability of geo-data, legal reliability of data as well as standard and structure of different type of content going into autonomous vehicles system.
- The workshop will be discussion-oriented (without presentations). This will ensure optimum value of the time by discussing only on relevant questions.
- The workshop will start with the discussion on a draft document, which is shared in advance with the participants
- Geospatial Data/Content Providers
- Sensors Data/Content Providers
- Related Policy Organizations
- Data Infrastructure and Services Providers
- App Developers
- Artificial Intelligence Experts
- Self-Driving Car Manufacturers
- Automotive Insurance Companies
Interested to be a panelist?
Contact Ms. Sarah Hisham